Meet Pipo X6S, Intel Cherry Trail Mini PC (4GB/64GB), Windows 10
As mentioned in our previous articles, the first week of the year is very busy, and it looks like not all exciting news are coming from Las Vegas this week.
An interesting product was announced by Pipo - one of the first Mini PC's to use the Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 SoC and that come with 4GB of RAM.
You might know Pipo as a tablet PC manufacturer, but last year they launched several Mini PC's using Intel platforms. And they weren't boring at all: Pipo X8 and X9 had a screen so they could make use of the free Windows 10 license for devices that have a screen, and still have different use cases as we presented here.
PIPO X6S has it's own innovative feature: it can be used as a router as it has two RJ-45 ports (WAN in/LAN out). Most likely you can convert it in an wireless router as well (connect the X6S to internet wia WAN port and connect your phone to X6S via wi-fi).
PIPO X6S specs
- CPU: Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 (Quad core,up to 1.84Ghz)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics Gen8
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- ROM: 64GB (Nand), can be extended
- HDMI: 1.4
- LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (x2), 802.11ac/b/g/n (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160)
- USB: 1 X USB 3.0 and 2 X USB 2.0.
- Other: SATA II(2.5'' HDD), Bluetooth 4.0, AV out
Priced at $200, Pipo X6S is on presale at GeekBuying and will be available in the second half of January.